We're proud to announce the availability of the Density Line Engine Mount Pair for the B6 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T Tiptronic!
034Motorsport's Density Line Mounts are the new standard in comfort and performance. Our mounts are redesigned with performance in mind, and manufactured from high-durometer rubber for increased performance and durability, without sacrificing comfort. Density Line Mounts are void-free and fluid-free, eliminating the slop associated with the factory mounts.
The Street Density Engine Mount Pair is manufactured from 60 durometer rubber, which is approximately 35% stiffer than stock. Since the mounts are also void-free and solid-filled, the resulting mount is approximately 60% stiffer than stock. The cast aluminum mount bodies have also been redesigned to cope with the added stress of spirited driving.
The result is greatly reduced drivetrain slop, crisper shifting, and minimal wheel hop, without any significant increase in noise, vibration, or harshness (NVH) inside of the cabin. These mounts are a completely re-engineered performance solution, not just inserts for use with the factory mounts.
- Manufactured from 60 Durometer (Street Density) Rubber with Void-Free Construction
- Reduced Drivetrain Slop
- Decreased Engine Movement Under Load
- More Direct Power Transfer
- Improved Shifting Feel
- Complete Drop-In Replacement of Factory Engine/Transmission Mounts
- Sold in Pairs (One Engine Mount & One Transmission Mount)
- 2005 - 2010 Volkswagen Passat (B6)
- 2.0T FSI & 2.0 TSI
- Tiptronic Transmission Only!
- 1K0199262M / 1K0 199 262M
- 3C0199555Q / 3C0 199 555Q
- 1 Year Limited Replacement Warranty (If you encounter any issues with our products outside of the warranty period, we will work with you to provide a resolution.)
High-Durometer Rubber vs. Polyurethane:
Density Line Mounts are manufactured from high-durometer rubber instead of polyurethane for a number of reasons. While vulcanized rubber mounts are more expensive to prototype due to increased complexity of manufacturing and high initial tooling costs, rubber is inherently better than polyurethane as a damping medium for mounts and bushings.
Rubber is able to deal with stress under both tension and compression, while polyurethane mounts rely on the damping medium to be effective only under compression. Rubber is also excellent in shear, where polyurethane is ineffective, making it ideal for control arm bushings that apply a shear force to the bushing during articulation.
Rubber does not pack and wear like polyurethane does, which ultimately results in a long-lasting part with consistent performance and comfort.
These mounts are currently available in Street Density only.